NEET 2017 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a single window entrance exam for 52,304 MBBS & BDS seats in the private & govt. medical colleges of India (except AIIMS & JIMPER). As per Hon. Supreme Court order from 2016 the AIPMT is now changed to NEET. There were lot of orders by Supreme Court in the NEET 2016-17 academic year admission process and much clarity has come now for the NEET 2017-18 academic year.
NEET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st Dec 2017
- Candidate should have Indian nationality or be overseas citizen of India (OCI)
- Age Limit
- General Category - 25 years
- SC/ST/OBC - 30 years
- Candidates should have scored minimum 50% marks in class 12th PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology). For SC/ST/OBC, minimum marks in class 12th PCB should be 45%.
NEET 2017 Important Dates (Tentative)
|NEET 2017 Application Form Release
||January, 2017 first week
|NEET 2017 Application Form Last date to Submit
||March 15, 2017
|NEET 2017 Application form Last date to Submit (With late fees)
||March 31, 2017
|Admit Card Uploading Date
|NEET 2017 Exam Date
||May 7, 2017
|Answer Sheet Downloading
|NEET 2017 Exam Result
NEET 2017 exam language
NEET 2017 will be conduted in the following 8 language:
Here are some important points to note:
1. All government & private medical college will take admission via NEET scores only (except AIIMS & JIPMER)
2. There will be only 3 medical entrance exams in India from 2017 academic year:
- AIIMS - for 7 campus of AIIMS only
- JIPMER - for 2 campus of JIPMER only
3. Except AIIMS (for its 7 campus across the country) & JIPMER (for Puducherry & Karaikal campus) all other private and government medical colleges will take admission via NEET 2017 scores only. No State government (not even Union Territories) led entrance exam will be allowed from 2017. There was an exception given only for year 2016 to some states who took admission via their state medical exams.
4. Private unaided college (which is affiliated to a State University) or a Deemed University including minority colleges like CMC Vellore, CMC (Ludhiana) will be able to take admission via State centralised admission counselling process only which will be conducted by respective states DME department (Directorate of Medical Education) . No separate application or admission process will be conducted by private unaided college or deemed university.
E.g - Deemed University like BVP, D.Y Patil will take admission via Maharashtra State medical admission counselling being conducted by DMER.
This will help the students to apply at only one place and will save them application cost and hassle to go for individual private college/deemed university admission process all over India.
AFMC, AMU and BHU will conduct their own admission counselling process for admission via NEET 2017 scores.
5. In government medical colleges, admission will happen via two ways:
a. 15% of government medical college will be filled by NEET centralised counselling under All India Quota.
b. 85% of government medical college will be filled by State government. These seats can be taken by its State domicile students only.
6. Any quota seats like management quota or NRI quota seats will be filled only via NEET score. Students who apply via these categories will have to give NEET exam. Most probably even these quota seats will be filled via State government admission counselling (though this is not confirmed).
7. Central Government of India has notified that next year 10,000 additional medical seats will be added by improving infrastructure in 58 identified government medical colleges. News Link
8. AIIMS (only Delhi campus) has also increased it seats from 72 to 100 from 2017 (next year). News Link
9. We can expect private medical college association like COMEDK, UPUMCWA etc. to be abolished next year as the State govt. will take the responsibility to fill the seats in private medical college of their states.
10. Though the admission process has been regulated to a higher extent, SC or central government has still not regulated the fees structure of private medical colleges. We will need to wait if we see certain regulations on fees.
11. Some states like Maharashtra has kept the domicile as eligibility criteria to even apply in private medical college but other states have not followed this. We do expect that more states will follow the domicile criteria.
Hope this give all of the prospective students much clarity on how the admission process for government and private medical college in India will be conducted next year in 2017.
There are some points where still clarity has to come and as and when such notifications come out we will update this article regularly for making awareness about the NEET medical admission process in 2017.
Forms for NEET 2017 is expected to be out by end of December, 2016.
NEET 2017 Counselling Guidance Program by iDreamCareer.com
was one of the only career counselling company in India which was helping medical students across India on the entire NEET medical admission process in 2016. We helped over 2.5 lac medical aspirants in 2016. Most importantly unlike other career counselling companies we are 100% UNBIASED while we guide students. We do not tie-up with any college/university or sell our student database to third party agencies. We are not involved in any donation based admission. We only provide unbiased and indepenedent career guidance to students.
Register for iDreamCareer's NEET 2017 guidance program which will provide credible and unbiased information and guidance to students.
Under NEET 2017 guidance program students will receive:
Single Counselling session on telephone (upto 15 minutes)
Email Alerts on NEET, AIIMS & JIMPER exams.
Email Alerts on all the medical colleges (both govt. and private) admission process. This also include sending alerts on all the counselling process of different medical colleges in India.
Unlimited NEET 2016 counselling query support on email till Sep 30 - You can simply keep on asking your query related to NEET and our counselors will answer back within 48 working hours.
This program cost is Rs. 2,000 per student only. Register on this link - https://www.instamojo.com/idreamcareer/neet-2016-counselling-guidance-program-by-id/
If you are a medical aspirant and looking to get career guidance, feel free to reach us at 9555990000 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
to know about our career guidance program. We will be happy to guide you.